My Watercolour Story
I started in watercolour painting in 2000 as I looked for a new hobby. After taking lessons for a couple of years, I joined up with 2 new friends and we've been painting together almost weekly ever since!
I recently retired from my full-time job as a bookkeeper. When you think of it, being a bookkeeper doesn’t really match being a painter. My left brain and right brain sometimes are in conflict!
I enjoy painting buildings, flowers, home portraits, vacation locales, and scenery. I am quite interested in landmark buildings in small communities.
I have lived in Guelph ON since 1994. I grew up in Hespeler (Cambridge) and have a nostalgic fondness for the village. A lot of my work is of local landmarks, as well as vacation memories. As I meet people who are looking at my paintings, I have realized that seeing a painting of a place you know makes it mean more to you. It stirs an emotion in you…..a good memory of places you’ve been, or where you grew up.
My work is available
- through my Etsy shop: DebbieEllisArtworks.etsy.com
- on website (will take you to Etsy shop)
- messenger on Facebook page: facebook.com/DebbieEllisWatercolours
- at Hespeler Village Market Fridays June 7-Sept 14/2019
- at local craft shows throughout the year in Cambridge, KW & Guelph (check “UPCOMING EVENTS” page for dates)
- a selection of cards & prints at The Old Marina Restaurant & Gift Shop at Puslinch Lake
- a selection of cards at Mosborough Country Market
- a selection of cards & prints at The Revive Studio in Cambridge (Hespeler)